This Privacy Statement sets out how BIG Pharmacy Healthcare Sdn. Bhd. (“BIG Pharmacy”) collects, stores and handles personal information (as defined below) of individuals in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia. Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how we use the personal information we may collect from you. By providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Statement and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
1. What This Privacy Statement Explains
- What kind of personal information we collect
- How we collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- When we disclose your personal information
- When we transfer your personal information abroad
- Your right to access and correct your personal information
2. Our Commitment to You
- We value your trust and are committed to protecting your personal information. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about supplying your Personal Information to us, we provide you with this Privacy Statement outlining our practices and the choices you have concerning how your Personal Information is being collected and used by us.
3. Defining Personal Information
- Personal information refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information which relates to information relating to your health. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Statement is applicable only if you are a natural person / an individual.
4. What Kind of Personal Information We Collect
- The personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following: –
- Name, Age, Gender, Date of Birth;
- Race, Nationality and Identity Card Number / Passport Number;
- Contact information including Home Address, Telephone Number and Email Address;
- Marital Status;
- Your purchase details and history to help us offer tailored promotions to you.
5. When and How We Collect Your Personal Information?
- We may collect personal information directly from you when you: –
- communicate with us (for example when you submit an application form to become our member, or when you contact us for any enquiries including by calling our stores or customer service);
- purchase from any of our stores;
- participate in any of our surveys;
- enter or participate in any competitions or contests;
- respond to any marketing materials we send out;
- lodge a complaint or provide feedback to us;
- or any other information that you may provide us from time to time
- Other than personal information obtained from your directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
6. How We Use Your Personal Information
- We may collect and use personal information from you or from the category of third parties identified in this Privacy Statement, for one or more of the following purposes: –
- Registration of an account with BIG Pharmacy membership;
- To send you promotional materials, advertisement for marketing purposes;
- Administrative purposes;
- Internal record keeping;
- To carry out data sorting and analyses to enable us to better understand your characteristics and buying behaviour and to provide other products / services better tailored to your needs, and to assist us in identifying goods and services that are likely to be of interest to you;
- To investigate and communicate with you when responding to your complaints or enquiries;
- To manage staff training and quality assurance;
- To determine how can we improve services to you;
- To prevent or detect of crime / fraudulent activity;
- Disclosure as required by law;
- Or such other purposes as may be related to the foregoing.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- We will keep your personal data confidential but you hereby consent and authorize us to disclose your personal data to the following categories of parties;
- Law enforcement agencies;
- Government agencies;
- Companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisors for administrative, data processing, research and marketing, distribution, telecommunications or other similar services to us.;
- Our affiliates, business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal information;
- Other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
8. Direct Marketing
- We would like to use your Personal Data (including your name, telephone number, address and email address and other information provided to us when you register) for direct marketing to you (whether by post, email, phone, SMS or the like) in relation to: –
- Offers and promotions from us;
- Offers and promotions offered by our affiliates;
- Other offers and promotions from the third-party merchants or strategic partners that we cooperate with to provide benefits to our customers.
- However, please note that we will only disclose your personal information to our merchants and strategic partners where you have purchased for products which require such disclosure, and/or where your consent has been obtained, subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to BIG Pharmacy. We take reasonable steps to ensure that our agreements with our merchants and/or strategic partners include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations. If you do not wish your personal information to be utilized for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us via the contact details provided below. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
9. What if Personal Information Provided by You Is Incomplete?
- It is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application of membership. Incomplete personal data may lead to the following: –
- Failure to process your application for membership;
- Inability to provide you with updates in relation to BIG Pharmacy promotions;
- Inability to provide you with any notice, products and/or services in which you have requested.
10. Your Rights to Access and Correct your Personal Information
- It is your right as a data subject to have access and to correct your personal data in which you have provided to us and in this respect, you may; –
- Check if we hold or use your personal data and request access to your personal data;
- Request for correction of any of your personal data which is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date.
- Request to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes;
- Inform on your withdrawal of your consent given previously to BIG Pharmacy subject to any applicable restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected.
- The above request could be done via the contact details provided below. You should quote your name or Identification No. and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of in any such request. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your request. Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
11. Your Obligations
- You are responsible for providing accurate, not misleading, complete and up-to-date information to BIG Pharmacy about yourself and updating this personal data as and when it becomes inaccurate, misleading, incomplete and out-of-date via the contact details below.
12. Transfer of Your Personal Information Outside Malaysia
- It may be necessary for us to transfer your personal information outside Malaysia. You consent to us transferring your personal information outside Malaysia in these instances. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any such overseas entities are contractually bound not to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide the Products and/or Services that are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal information.
13. Updates to Our Privacy Statement
- We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supersede any previous versions. Please check our website for information on our most up-to-date practices.
- We may use small text files called cookies, and other technologies, so that we can improve your online experience - for example by remembering you when you come back to visit us, and making the content you see more relevant to you. Cookies also enable us to track some online activities you made through our websites or affiliated parties websites, so that we can award points on those purchases.
15. Our Contact Details
- Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Statement, kindly contact us via the below channels during office hours (between 9:00am to 6:00pm, Mondays to Fridays):
Email: General Enquiry: [email protected]
Corporate Enquiry: [email protected]
Address: BIG Pharmacy Healthcare Sdn. Bhd. (466880-D)
No. 19, Jalan 15/23, Taman Perindustrian Tiong Nam, Section 15, 40200 Shah Alam, Selangor